To Our Patrons
WCPA’s 2020 Season
Due to continuing concern about the COVID-19 pandemic, and in an effort to keep our patrons and their families safe, the Westcliffe Center for the Performing Arts made the difficult decision to postpone our major summer events. Our Shakespeare in the Sangres productions of Much Ado about Nothing and Antigone have been rescheduled to the summer of 2021, as has our children’s theater production of Robin Hood. The Anne Relph Memorial Golf Tournament, sponsored by Ace Hardware, has been rescheduled to September 11, 2020.
We are postponing Wyatt Earp’s one-man show and live production of the winners of this year’s Ten-Minute Play contest. However, we are making plans to open the Jones Theater for some special events starting in September, and we look forward to reopening fully for plays and movies as soon as we feel confident that the threat of COVID-19 is reduced for our community.
While we are naturally disappointed that we won’t be bringing you these events this summer, we consider the health and safety of our actors, our audiences, and our community to be our first priority.
We will be reaching out to season ticket purchasers to discuss options regarding your tickets, including:
- Exchanging your 2020 tickets for the 2021 Season
- Donating the value of your ticket as a tax-deductible contribution to the WCPA, which will help us recover from the significant revenue losses we will experience this year as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Refunding your ticket purchase
We urge you to keep up with the latest news from the WCPA on our Facebook page and our website. And we look forward to being able to get back to work bringing you stellar theater and children’s programs. Thank you all for your support of the WCPA and the Jones Theater!
The WCPA Board, Theater Staff, and Production Team
COVID-19 Policies and Precautions
We recognize that you may have questions or concerns due to the latest news and information about COVID-19.
On behalf of the Staff and Board at the Westcliffe Center for the Performing Arts, we would like to share with you some of the steps we are taking to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Our theater has increased its efforts to protect all who visit us. These efforts include:
- Additional cleaning procedures in all areas of the theater, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines with an emphasis on all high-touch areas.
- Placing hand sanitizers in key areas around the theater, including our lobby.
- Educating our employees on the steps they should be taking to keep themselves safe and healthy, including the expectation to stay home if they don’t feel well for any reason.
We also regularly monitor updates from the State Department of Health, the Governor’s office, and the Custer County Public Health Department and are prepared to respond quickly based on their advice and recommendations.
We encourage you to call us with any questions or concerns at 719-783-3004.
Thank you for your support and loyalty. We have an amazing community. We will get through this together, and we look forward to seeing you for our 2020 Season!
The WCPA Theater Staff and Board