In conjunction with Arts Hullabaloo, the Westcliffe Center for the Performing Arts will be hosting A BABBLE OF VOICES, a reading of original works by local and regional authors, on Thursday, October 5, 7pm at the Jones Theater. Co-sponsored by the West Custer County Library.
Literary works for A BABBLE OF VOICES are selected by a committee of judges who will anonymously score the entries. Judges are volunteers organized by the WCPA.
Please follow these steps to be considered for the 2023 A BABBLE OF VOICES.
- Writers must be from southern Colorado.
- Submit your original work by 5 pm, Friday, September 22, 2023.
- All pieces (fiction, non-fiction, essays, poetry, etc.) must be a maximum of 1000 words (double-spaced). Works over 1000 words will be automatically disqualified.
- All poems will be considered individually. If you submit multiple poems, only those that are chosen can be read at the event.
- To qualify, you must be able to read your selection the evening of Thursday, October 5, 2023. By submitting you are agreeing to be livestreamed and/or recorded. All current COVID guidelines will be adhered to during the performance.
- Work should not be too graphic, profane or otherwise inappropriate for young audience members.
- We prefer unpublished work, but will consider published work that has not been previously performed in Custer County.
- Submit each piece individually using this email address: email@example.com
- If you have questions, please call 719-783-3004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org